Security Protocol Out/Request volume Element Address

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 29 10:54:00 PST 2006

I just noticed that the new Security Protocol Out command collides with the
op code for an SMC device (Request Volume Element Address).  I thought a
free op code was requested.  This means that Automation devices will never
be able to use any of the security protocols.  I think this is a bad idea.
I don't know where how all the library vendors missed this.  Can this be
changed?

Thanks,

Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/