MMC / Mt Fuji: Closing an empty invisible track on CD-RW

David Burg daviburg at windows.microsoft.com
Mon Jul 17 17:59:00 PDT 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0607175_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hello,
Reviewing the bus trace logs of a test application I see a close track
for an empty invisible track on CD-RW been failed by the drive with
05h/24h/00h (Illegal request - Invalid field in CDB). I agree closing an
empty invisible track does not make much sense, however MMC 5 r03a says
"If this is the incomplete track, the Drive shall pad with all zero user
data to the minimum length of 4 seconds. No other padding shall be
done." Which does not seem to allow the drive to fail the command.
Thoughts?
Best regards,
David Burg
Research Software Engineering Lead