SAS DONE timers
rdeglin at vitesse.com
Mon Jul 17 11:36:06 PDT 2006
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Richard Deglin" <rdeglin at vitesse.com>
I have been studying section 184.108.40.206 of the SAS-1.1 standard and I have
a few questions.
1. What exactly does paragraph 6 mean, when it says "the DONE Timeout
timer shall be reinitialized" ?
2. Why does the ACK/NAK timeout situation treat incoming EOF differently
than the other states? Just curious about the reasoning for this
Also, I cannot find any specific definitions of the terms used when
describing timer operations, such as initialize, reinitialize, start,
stop, etc. Did I miss something?
Principal Software Engineer
Storage Products Division
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10