SAS SSP initiator port error recovery use cases - Write DATA fram e with transport layer retries disabled

sandeep taneja sandeep.taneja at mail.nsysinc.com
Tue Jul 11 22:09:20 PDT 2006

* sandeep taneja <sandeep.taneja at mail.nsysinc.com>
*
Hi Larry
The same doubt is ours . I have posted question regarding this few days
back in T10 & yet to hear from them clearly specifying How application
client	is notified of the write DATA frame ACK/NAK_TIMEOUT condition &
write DATA frame NAK received.
Do let me know on getting the solution.
Thanks

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 04:18, Larry Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I do not see how the Application Client is notified of the write DATA frame
ACK/NAK_TIMEOUT condition

> since Table 130 does NOT include the	Transmission Complete ( Data-Out
Failed, ACK/NAK Timeout)

> Message received from ST_ITS state machine
>

> Same thing for Write DATA frame NACK_RECEIVED condition since Table 13 does
NOT include

> Transmission Complete ( Data-Out Failed, NACK Received) Message received
|from ST_ITS state machine
>
> Either.
>

> Regards,
>
> Larry
>

> ---------------------------------
>

> Taken from SAS-1.1 rev 10 page 364
>

> 9.2.4.5.3 DATA frame with transport layer retries disabled
>

> If an SSP initiator port transmits a write DATA frame and does not receive
an ACK or NAK for that frame (e.g.,

> times out, or the connection is broken):
>
> 1) the SSP_TF state machine closes the connection with DONE (ACK/NAK
TIMEOUT) (see 7.16.8.6.5);

> and
>
> 2) the application client aborts the command (see 10.2.2).
>
> If an SSP initiator port transmits a write DATA frame and receives a NAK
for that frame, the application client

> aborts the command (see 10.2.2).
>

> Taken from SAS-1.1 rev 10 page 372
>

> Table 130 - Confirmations sent to the SCSI application layer if a frame
transmission or reception

> error occurs

Regards
Sandeep Taneja