SAS error recovery use case - Device Server detected Data Off set Error

Larry Chen Larry_Chen at pmc-sierra.com
Fri Jul 7 17:09:03 PDT 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0607074_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hi George,
Thanks for your response. I was having trouble reading the SAS state machines
and your
Help and others has helped me to unravel them to where I am starting to feel
a little bit
More comfortable reading them.
I guess on any SSP target port detected Reception_Complete error for
Receive_Data_Out, the
SSP target port must close the connection and open a new connection in order
to send the
Check Condition status properly to the ST_IFR.
I see how the ST_IFR will not send protocol service confirmation to the SCSI
Application layer
For any of the Transmission Complete (Data-Out Failed) messages received from
ST_ITS.
Also, I see how the Check Condition status from the SSP target port will
result in a
Command Complete Received protocol service confirmation.
  _____