BROADCAST ASYNCHRONOUS EVENT

Stephen FINCH steve.finch at st.com
Fri Jul 7 09:35:20 PDT 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0607072_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

George,
The description of state CC0 and CC1 explicitly discuss only three broadcast
messages:
   BROADCAST Received (Change) message,
   BROADCAST Received (Reserved Change 0) message, and
   BROADCAST Received (Reserved Change 1)
The other BROADCAST types are not mentioned.
What I was proposing is that every BROADCAST type received cause an
appropriate confirmation to be generated.
I think this is what everyone does anyway, we just need to update the
proposed standard with appropriate language.
I'm even willing to have a statement to the effect that this confirmation
"may" occur.
But as it reads today, no one receives a confirmation of any type when a
BROADCAST (Asynchronous Event) is received.
See you next week,
Steve Finch
steve.finch at st.com