queries Regarding Transport layer (part 2)

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 5 12:47:24 PDT 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0607056_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Sandeep,
I made a slight error in my first note to you. I quoted the paragraph that
is the response to a failure in the request to send the DATA frame not the
failure of the source to receive the DATA frame. That information is in
Table 141 ? Messages sent to the ST_IFR state machine in the last two
rows. So the message sent to the ST_IFR state machine is either
Transmission Complete (Data-Out Failed, NAK Received) or Transmission
Complete (Data-Out Failed, ACK/ NAK Timeout).
Bye for now,
George Penokie
Dept 9A8 030-3 A410
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208
sandeep taneja <sandeep.taneja at mail.nsysinc.com>
Sent by: owner-t10 at t10.org
06/30/2006 02:33 AM
t10 at t10.org
cc
Mark_Evans at maxtor.com
Subject
queries Regarding Transport layer
* sandeep taneja <sandeep.taneja at mail.nsysinc.com>
*
Hello !!
Could anybody help me for solving some doubts in Transport layer.
I have few doubts regarding implementation of Transport layer state
machines.
I am referring to SAS2r03a 22 April 2006.
Following are queries :
1.How does ST_ITS state machine notify ST_IFR state machine that NAK or
ACK/NAK timeout have occurred for DATA frame corresponding to first
enable burst.Is it going to use same message as it is using for the DATA
frame corresponding to XFER_RDY frame?
if yes, then message( Transmission complete(Data-out failed,NAK
received)corresponding to NAK & message Transmission complete(Data-out
failed,ACK/NAK Timeout)) ST_ITS uses to notify ST_IFR is given but How
ST_IFR will handle these message or notify Application layer about data
sending failure seems to be missing.
Thanks.
Regards
Sandeep Taneja