More Log Page Changes

Evans, Mark Mark_Evans at maxtor.com
Tue Jan 31 09:12:40 PST 2006

* "Evans, Mark" <Mark_Evans at maxtor.com>
*
Hi Ralph,

The following are my comments about your proposal 06-079r0:

a) In table 92: I agree that changing, "The device server shall make no
change to any current threshold values...", to, "The device server shall
make no change to any log parameter values...", turns an implication
into a specification, as it should be;
b) In table 92: I agree that adding, "Set all list parameters to their
vendor specific default values...", in several places re-captures what
was in SPC-4 before the proposal lost its meaning([paraphrasing] "A PCR
bit set to one and a PARAMETER LIST LENGTH of zero shall cause ALL [the
caps are mine] parameters to be set to the vs default values.");
c) In table 92: there are several places that read "<Superscript>x" that
require correcting; and
d) For problem 3: I understand what "The DU bit is reserved for
threshold values ... or list parameters..." means, but it does read as
if "The DU bit is reserverd for USE with threshold values ... or list
parameters...".  How about changing this paragraph to just, "The device
server shall ignore the DU bit for threshold values or list parameters
received with a LOG SELECT command."

Please feel free to call or send an email to me with any questions or
comments that you may have about this stuff.

Regards,

Mark Evans
Maxtor Corporation
500 McCarthy Boulevard