Question: RECORDED ENTITY NOT FOUND

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Thu Jan 19 01:15:10 PST 2006

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*

Ai san, SCSI2, SCSI3 (SBC, SBC2) have specified that is BLANK CHECK. Please
refer to "4.4.5 Error reporting" of SBC. (SBC3 does not have the section.)

The definition of MMC3/Fuji for CD-R are different with SBC. But CD-R devices do
not use "RECORDED ENTITY NOT FOUND" usually.

Best regards,

Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.

Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>@t10.org on 2006/01/19 13:29:11

Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>$B$KJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(B

$BAw?.<T(B:     owner-t10 at t10.org

$B08 at h(B:  t10 at t10.org
cc:
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  Re: Question: RECORDED ENTITY NOT FOUND

* Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>
*
Hello Katata-san,

According to my poor experience, this ASC/ASCQ was used to report the
data had not been recorded on the requested block in the case of WORM
devices and MO devices.

Panasonic interpreted "RECORDED ENTITY NOT FOUND" as "DATA UNWRITTEN".

Best Regards,

Harry Ai
VEBU
Panasonic AVC Networks Company