Encryption Key Management Issues (05-446)

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 13 11:04:04 PST 2006

* Kevin D Butt <kdbutt at us.ibm.com>
--=_alternative 00689C2C072570F5_=

Paul Entzel,

In discussing the Encryption proposal (05-446r1) with my team in light of
the SCOPE field and how many keys can be active in the drive at a time, we
require that there only be one key active at any given time.  So if a new
SCOPE is sent down with a new Key, all previous keys need to be removed.
If there is a need to allow the currently spec'ed behavior of allowing at
least one key for each SCOPE, then we would like to have it configurable
that there is only one key allowed at a time.

Thanks,

Kevin D. Butt
Fibre Channel & SCSI Architect, IBM Tape Firmware,
6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ  85744
Tie-line 321; Office: 520-799-5280, Lab: 799-5751, Fax: 799-4138, Email:
kdbutt at us.ibm.com
--=_alternative 00689C2C072570F5_=

(05-446r1) with my team in light of the SCOPE field and how many keys can
be active in the drive at a time, we require that there only be one key
active at any given time. &nbsp;So if a new SCOPE is sent down with a new
Key, all previous keys need to be removed. &nbsp;If there is a need to
allow the currently spec'ed behavior of allowing at least one key for each
SCOPE, then we would like to have it configurable that there is only one
key allowed at a time.</font>
Kevin D. Butt<br>
Fibre Channel &amp; SCSI Architect, IBM Tape Firmware, <br>
6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ &nbsp;85744<br>
Tie-line 321; Office: 520-799-5280, Lab: 799-5751, Fax: 799-4138, Email:
kdbutt at us.ibm.com</font>
--=_alternative 00689C2C072570F5_=--
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org