Fwd: [INCITS_Chairs] Nominations for the Annual INCITS Awards -- FOR ACTION -- Due April 30, 2006

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Wed Jan 11 12:58:12 PST 2006

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
--=====================_18971249==_

--=====================_18971259==.ALT

If you want to nominate someone and have any questions, please contact Lynn Barra or John Lohmeyer.

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.             Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907

 John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
 4420 ArrowsWest Dr.             Cell: +1-719-338-1642
 Colo Spgs, CO 80907

--=====================_18971259==.ALT--

--=====================_18971249==_

in060039 - Nominations for 2006 Annual INCITS Awards -- Due April 30, 2006 February 26, 2004" name="Description"> February 26, 2004" name="KeyWords"> in060039 InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
 INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
1250 Eye St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
Telephone 202-737-8888; Fax 202-638-4922
Date: January 11, 2006
 Project: Annual Awards Reply To: Lynn Barra Phone: 202-626-5739   To: INCITS TC Members and INCITS Executive Board Subject: ACTION REQUESTED -- Nominations for the Annual INCITS Awards -- Due April 30, 2006 INCITS will once again recognize the individual achievements of members of the INCITS community at the July 17 & 18, 2006, reception and dinner during the Annual TC Officers Symposium.   Nominations in six categories are invited from all of our members as the INCITS Executive Board seeks to express its appreciation to the many experts who contribute to the technical work of INCITS.  Recipients will be selected by the INCITS Awards Committee and announced at the dinner. Submit your nominations:
Members are encouraged to send nominations (or obtain more information from) to Lynn Barra via email at Lbarra at itic.org. Each nomination must include the candidate's name and address, award sought for the candidate, and a letter detailing the candidate's achievements based on the criteria for nomination. The deadline is April 30, 2006:
Upon the close of the call for nominations, the INCITS Awards Committee will review the nominations and select the INCITS Award recipients. The recipients will be invited to attend the reception and dinner to receive their awards and congratulations from the INCITS membership. Nominations from the Technical Committees:
Members of the INCITS Executive Board are eager to hear of the achievements of the technical experts and encourage nominations from those who hammer out the agreements and write the standards. The names of previous award recipients are posted on the INCITS Honor Roll. Awards are presented in the following categories:
   INCITS Chairman's Annual Award: This is an honorary award presented to one INCITS participant who has provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization through committee work or duties assigned by the INCITS Chair. This individual is selected by the INCITS Chair. Criteria for nomination: Provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization through committee work or duties assigned by the INCITS Chair Assisted the Chair in progressing the work of INCITS INCITS Merit Award: This is an honorary award presented to no more than four participants who have demonstrated continuous support for the work of INCITS. Criteria for nomination: Long-standing (10+ years) member of INCITS and/or INCITS Subgroup Demonstrated continuous support for the work of INCITS Provided support to the Secretariat in progressing the work of INCITS Served on at least two or more international committees INCITS Service Award: This is an honorary award presented to no more than two participants who have provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization through committee work or duties. Criteria for nomination: Provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization through committee work or duties assigned by INCITS during the past year INCITS Gene Milligan Award for Effective Committee Management: This is an honorary award presented to no more than four INCITS members holding an officer position within an INCITS Subgroup. It recognizes individuals who, as officers, have provided outstanding leadership to the subgroup in its national and/ or international work, have demonstrated proficiency in achieving consensus in the national and/or international arenas and have followed the approved procedures in an exemplary fashion. Criteria for nomination: Provided leadership to the subgroup in its national and/or international activities; demonstrated skill in achieving consensus in the national and/or international arenas INCITS Award for Technical Excellence: This is an honorary award presented to no more than four participants to recognize their technical contributions and dedication to the technical program of work. This award is presented with the concurrence of the TC officers. Criteria for Nomination: Minimum of 3 years of participation in a TC Visible contributions to the work of the TC, nationally or internationally Active participation on e-mail lists INCITS Award for Exceptional International Leadership:
This is an honorary award presented to no more than two participants for their exceptional leadership of an international committee.  This awards category is meant for people who are representing the US in international committees in leadership roles, e.g. convenors of JTC 1 working groups or chairs of JTC 1 subcommittees, and for officers of ISO TCs or SCs.  These people quite often have no specific role in INCITS Management or Technical Committees any more, but have great impact on the reputation of the United States in the international arena and also on the Standards and Technical Reports that are created by these international committees.  Criteria for Nomination: Minimum four years of continuous leadership of an international working group or subcommittee Tangible results in the form of published International Standards or Technical Reports Timely completion of projects that open global markets Chairing of meetings and maintenance of a cooperative committee environment in which the views of National Bodies and their experts are given due consideration INCITS Team Award: This is an honorary award presented to no more than two teams of participants who have provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization through committee work or duties. Any team of INCITS participants meeting the following criteria is eligible for this award. Criteria for Nomination: Outstanding teamwork in rapidly progressing the subgroup's national and/or international activities Demonstrated skill in developing technically sound standards

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org