Fuji6 rev100 DRAFT -- Request minor changes

Takaharu Ai ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com
Fri Jan 6 02:53:19 PST 2006

* Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>
*
Hello Henry-san,

>In addition, the most recent (rev 100) draft has caused some number of
>changes to the number of "valid" or "defined" bits in various commands.
>Therefore, it is important that the host can know the logical unit is
>properly validating the additional size in the various commands.  Rather
>than updating multiple features, I think this can be very easily done
>with a minor modification to the CORE feature:

Those changes are the purpose to synchronize the Mt.Fuji definition to
MMC.

I am afraid that changing of CORE Feature in Mt.Fuji is meaningless,
because SPC3 has already been referred by MMC4.

For example, MMC4 refers SPC3 for INQUIRY command, and SPC3 defines
2bytes Allocation Length in CDB. So the current products, which conform
to MMC4, must already have supported 2 bytes Allocation Length for
INQUIRY without any notification.
Also, there is not inconsistency among MMC4 and SPC3, because there is a
mechanism in the INQUIRY command to inform which standards the drive
conforms to.
The drive claims which version of SPC it conforms to by Version field of
the INQUICY data. If SPC3 is claimed to be supported, it means 2 bytes
INQUIRY is supported.

Best Regards,

Harry Ai
VEBU