Fuji6 rev100 DRAFT

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jan 5 05:46:50 PST 2006

* Joerg Schilling <schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de>
*
keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp wrote:

> The other hands, Read Disc Info, Read Track Info and Reserve Track command,
> those are not popular command set. Burning software is bundled up with new drive
> always. Therefore end users who have problem have a solution at the same time.

I did never see a drive that is bundled with burning software for Solaris, so
only some of the customers will get a solution at the same time as the drive.

On the other side, I see no problems in case that a changed CDB does not
conflict with previous definitions and previous functionality is still working
as expected. In this case, people who buy a new drive would need to know that
they may not use all features of the drive.

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org