ADI: 05-408r1 item 8f (action item response)

Rod Wideman rod.wideman at adic.com
Wed Jan 4 08:08:20 PST 2006

* "Rod Wideman" <rod.wideman at adic.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C61149.1484A92C

Hi,
=20
Per new action item 8f of the ADI November meeting minutes (05-408r1),
here is my summary.
=20
Item 26 of 04-263r8 refers to suggested feature to "clarify the
reporting of data, cleaning, firmware, and WORM media."  This had been
carried as action item 4g in 05-255r0 (ADI July meeting minutes; closed
at that meeting) which was to create a "proposal for reporting of =
medium
types in ADC-2."
=20
The 05-255r0 minutes note that the item was closed due to having
"investigated, with the conclusion that the standard already covers =
this
issue."  No additional information was noted in the minutes, however it
was the READ ATTRIBUTE command that was found to support this basic
capability (medium type attributes, or table 235 in SPC4r02).
=20
I do note during current review that there is no medium type defined =
for
"firmware" (i.e., microcode image) though.  I would suggest that a
medium type value be assigned for "Microcode image medium" (e.g., 02h =
in
SPC-4 table 235), but there may be another pending action item with =
such
a change (I've not confirmed this).
=20
Regards,
=20
Rod Wideman
ADIC
=20
=20
=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C61149.1484A92C

Message Hi,

 Per = new action item=20 8f of the ADI November meeting minutes (05-408r1), here is my=20 summary.

 Item = 26 of 04-263r8=20 refers to suggested feature to "clarify the reporting of data, = cleaning,=20 firmware, and WORM media."  This had been carried as action item = 4g in=20 05-255r0 (ADI July meeting minutes; closed at that meeting) which was = to create=20 a "proposal for reporting of medium types in = ADC-2."

 The = 05-255r0 minutes=20 note that the item was closed due to having "investigated, with the = conclusion=20 that the standard already covers this issue."  No additional = information=20 was noted in the minutes, however it was the READ ATTRIBUTE command = that was=20 found to support this basic capability (medium type attributes, or = table 235 in=20 SPC4r02).

 I do = note during=20 current review that there is no medium type defined for "firmware" = (i.e.,=20 microcode image) though.  I would suggest that a medium type value = be=20 assigned for "Microcode image medium" (e.g., 02h in SPC-4 table 235), = but there=20 may be another pending action item with such a change (I've not = confirmed=20 this).

 Regards,

 Rod=20 Wideman
 ADIC

------_=_NextPart_001_01C61149.1484A92C--