Fwd: JTC 1/SC 25/WG 4 Convener - Call for Volunteers - Closes March 25, 2006

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Fri Feb 24 09:31:23 PST 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0602242_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

>Subject: JTC 1/SC 25/WG 4 Convener - Call for Volunteers - Closes March 25,
2006
>Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:33:27 -0500
>From: "Garner, Jennifer" <jgarner at itic.org>
>To: "Lohmeyer, John" <lohmeyer at t10.org>,
>	 "Snively, Robert" <rsnively at brocade.com>
>Cc: "Robinson, Gary" <g.robinson at computer.org>,
>	 "Bennett, Barbara" <bbennett at itic.org>,
>	 "Purnell, Parthenia" <ppurnell at itic.org>
>
>John and Bob
>

>As you may recall, the term of the current SC 25/WG 4 Convener will expire
following the September 2006 SC 25 Plenary.  Please distribute the attached
call for volunteers to the members of T10 and T11 at your earliest
opportunity.  I will be in touch after the call has closed on March 25.

==============

>in060246
>
>INCITS
>InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
>INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
>1250 Eye St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
>Telephone 202-737-8888; Fax 202-638-4922
>
>----------
>

>ACTION REQUESTED

>February 23, 2006

>March 25, 2006
>
>Reply to:
>
>Jennifer Garner
>
>Phone:
>
>(202) 626-5737
>
>Email:
>
>jgarner at itic.org

>Mr. John Lohmeyer and Mr. Robert Snively - For Distribution to the Members
of the US TAG to JTC 1/SC 25/WG 4
>INCITS Executive Board Members - For Information

>Call for Volunteers - Convener, JTC 1/SC 25/WG 4 - Interconnection of
Computer Systems and Attached Equipment

>----------
>
>In anticipation of the expiration of the term of the current JTC 1/SC 25/WG
4 Convener, Mr. Gary Robinson, following the September 2006 JTC 1/SC 25
Plenary, this call for volunteers to serve as the US candidate for JTC 1/SC
25/WG 4 Convener is being issued to the members of INCITS/10 and T11 to
identify a US candidate for endorsement and will close on March 25, 2006.

>Any member of the US TAG meeting the requirements set forth below is welcome
to volunteer to serve. Before one considers doing so, however, the commitment
in time and responsibilities should be considered. Officers must actively
support the administrative structure that ensures due process to all
participants, assists in reaching consensus and protects the accreditation of
the entire system.

>Those willing to make this commitment must submit four written statements in
support of their candidacy:
>    * A statement of experience, indicating the volunteer's expertise in the
subgroup's program of work, voluntary standards efforts, committee experience
and leadership abilities.
>    * A statement indicating that the volunteer's organization is a member
in good standing of the associated US TAG.
>    * A statement of management support for a three-year term on company
letterhead acknowledging the additional workload, financial resources and
duties required of an officer over and above that of a technical participant.
 This statement must be signed by the candidate's management and submitted on
organizational letterhead.

>The statement of management support for the three-year term is a good faith
commitment, not a legal binding commitment. If future circumstances require
the applicant to resign from the office before the term has been fulfilled,
this will be accepted without prejudice.
>    * A statement as to whether or not the candidate is a representative of
a US domiciled organization.

>The statements from candidates wishing to serve in the above referenced
position should be sent to the INCITS Secretariat's attention
(jgarner at itic.org) no later than March 25, 2006.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Logic Corp. 	       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907