Clarification for AACS Read MKB (Read Disc Structure format 83h)

Atsushi Ishihara atsushi.ishihara at toshiba.co.jp
Wed Feb 22 15:53:22 PST 2006

* atsushi.ishihara at toshiba.co.jp (Atsushi Ishihara)
*
Dear Henry$B!"(B
The details of how the MKB is transferred from the drive to the host are
specified in the AACS specifications. The section 4.10.3.4 of AACS
Introduction and Common Cryptographic Elements Book says as follows:
  The Address field in the command specifies which of the available MKB
  Packs shall be read. The first MKB Pack shall be addressed as MKB Pack
  number 0000000016 and the nth MKB Pack shall be addressed as MKB Pack
  number n-1. The last MKB Pack may end with unused bytes, which shall
  be zero-filled.
The AACS specifications is available for download at www.aacsla.com
under "Specifications" tab and hitting the "I accept" button.
Best Regards,
Atsushi Ishihara, Toshiba
>Date: 2006/02/23 (Thu) 03:04:47
>From: "Henry Gabryjelski" <Henry.Gabryjelski at microsoft.com>
>To: t10 at t10.org, mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
>
>Subject: Clarification for AACS Read MKB (Read Disc Structure format
83h)

>I have a question regarding the Read MKB of AACS format of the READ
DISC

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org