Transmitter Device Source Termination

Ramez.Rizk at emulex.com Ramez.Rizk at emulex.com
Wed Feb 22 10:06:59 PST 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0602223_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hi all,
I was looking at the SAS 2 draft Table 44 page 153 and SAS 1.1 Table 43
page 149.  In both drafts note b for the measurements requirements says
the following:
"All transmitter device termination measurements are made through mated
connector pairs"
This does not make any reference to the IT compliance point, which makes
me believe that it can be done with any connector type as long as they
are mated, for example SMA mated pair.	Is that assumption correct? If
not, I think we need to clarify it more in the standard.
Thanks
Ramez