ASC/ASCQ during background formatting
ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com
Sun Feb 19 20:40:30 PST 2006
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>
I have a question about the ASC/ASCQ to be returned during the
background format process of MRW and DVD+RW formatting.
According to MMC5r02c.pdf, it is specified to set the sense byte to NO
SENSE with FORMAT IN PROGRESS as follows.
Regardless of the setting of IMMED, once the disc has become write
accessible, and there are no pendingerrors, sense bytes SK/ASC/ASCQ
shall be set to NO SENSE/FORMAT IN PROGRESS and the sense
keyspecific bytes (Table 260) shall be set as a progress indicator.
But in Table F.3, only LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, FORMAT IN PROGRESS
(ASC/ASCQ=04/04) is defined with NOT READY sense key.
My questions are,
- Does the FORMAT IN PROGRESS in the above definition for the background
format process mean ASC/ASCQ=04/04?
- Are you going to add the 0/04/04 to Table F.3? If so, the name
"LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, FORMAT IN PROGRESS" is not approrpiate,
because the Logical Unit is not NOT READY.
Panasonic AVC Networks Company
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10