comment on 06-369r2 -- Security Association Model for SPC-4

Ralph Weber roweber at ieee.org
Sat Aug 26 20:00:02 PDT 2006

* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
*
Gerry,
I have reorganized the subclauses more or less along the lines
you suggested in the newly uploaded:
I believe the question of which security protocols create SAs
will be addressed when the TBDs in table x2 are replaced with
proper references.
Perhaps these will be the only security protocols that
specifically relate to SAs. If not, one or more additional
tables may be needed.
In any case, the default assumption should be that any given
security protocol does not use SAs and some statement to
the contrary should be made in the other cases.
It is my intention that 06-369rx address SAs as they are
applicable to all device types. Therefore, I would not
support discussing tape protocols in SPC-4 (except in
one of those famous coded value lists in Annex D).
All the best,
.Ralph

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org