Make Certificate Data Optional for SECURITY PROTOCOL IN Command (T10/06-372r0)

Williams, Chris (MRO Tape Storage) Christopher.W at hp.com
Wed Aug 16 07:11:57 PDT 2006

* "Williams, Chris (MRO Tape Storage)" <Christopher.W at hp.com>
*
 Paul,
	As I read the spec (and from my notes from when this was being
defined), support for transferring whatever certificate data there is is
mandatory, but actually having a certificate is not mandatory.
Looking at SPC 4 rev 6, 6.27.2.4.1, 1st paragraph after table 176. It
states that "If the device doesn't have a certificate to transfer, the
CERTIFICATE LENGTH field shall be set to 0000h". This seems to cover the
case of no certificate being available.
I don't want to have to have a certificate, at least not yet. Requiring
support for the method to read it is good, as it allows evolution of
products without changing the command set.
Chris Williams
HP
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org