SAS address and port identifier.

Mona monika.talwar at nsysinc.com
Thu Apr 27 00:47:41 PDT 2006

* Mona <monika.talwar at nsysinc.com>
*
hello,
I am refrerring to version Working Draft Serial Attached SCSI - 2
(SAS-2) [Project T10/1760-D(Reference number - ISO/IEC 14776-152:200x)]
I have some doubts regarding SAS address.
According to section 3.1.165
SAS address: A worldwide unique value assigned to a SAS initiator port,
SAS target port, expander device, SAS initiator device, or SAS target
device.
Then in table-6 (page# 54) it says Port identifier is SAS address and
Device name is SAS address.
Now on page#325,last line says 'More than one port in a SAS device may
have the same SAS address'. This means that a device may have multiple
SAS address in case it has multiple ports with different port
identifiers. Then this voilates Section 3.1.165.
Please suggest where I am understanding it wrongly.
--
Best regards
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org