T10 plenary: Request to review status of T11.5 SM-HBA

Bob.Nixon at emulex.com Bob.Nixon at emulex.com
Wed Apr 12 11:55:04 PDT 2006


* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Bob.Nixon at Emulex.Com
*
Krithivas has volunteered to see if he can get his restrictions changed. I'll
let you know what happens as soon as I know.
   - bob
-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Weber [mailto:roweber at ieee.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:53 AM
To: Nixon, Bob; John Lohmeyer
Cc: T10, Reflector
Subject: Re: T10 plenary: Request to review status of T11.5 SM-HBA
Bob, John,
Under the circumstances, I withdrawn any objections to
having Krithivas present to the T10 plenary.
All the best,
.Ralph
Bob.Nixon at Emulex.Com wrote:
>Krithivas has travel restrictions that allow him to be available in San Jose
only on the 11th, so we thought we would ask for a plenary slot. Not getting
it would simply delay the presentation until July (I will be missing the May
T10, unfortunately). Up to T10 (you and John, probably) to decide what they
want, of course.
>
>   - bob
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: owner-t10 at t10.org [mailto:owner-t10 at t10.org]On Behalf Of Ralph
>Weber
>Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:56 PM
>To: t10 at t10.org
>Subject: Re: T10 plenary: Request to review status of T11.5 SM-HBA
>
>
>* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
>* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
>*
>Bob,
>
>Might I suggest that the attendees at the SAS Protocol or
>CAP working group would be better suited to giving attentive
>consideration to Mr. Krithivas' presentation?
>
>Please do not take this the wrong way. I am not casting aspersions
>on the T10 membership.
>
>However, I suspect that the connector manufacturers who attend
>T10 will see little benefit in (and grow restless during) a
>presentation that contains anything more than the most cursory
>facts (e.g., there is a standard called SM-HBA that concerns
>itself with SAS HBAs).
>
>All the best,
>
>.Ralph
>
>
>Bob.Nixon at emulex.com wrote:
>
>  
>
>>I would like to request 15 minutes of time at the May 2006 T10 plenary 
>>meeting for R. Krithivas of Intel, the editor of the T11.5 SM-HBA 
>>draft standard, to summarize SM-HBA for T10 membership.  While 
>>apologizing for a request that extends the T10 plenary meeting beyond 
>>its necessary administrative functions, one of those functions is 
>>liaison. T11.5 has neared completion of draft standard SM-HBA, and 
>>believes it is an interesting subject for liaison.  The grounds of 
>>common interest is the major feature of SM-HBA, which is extending the 
>>HBA API defined for Fibre Channel/FCP to include consistent management 
>>of SAS HBAs as well.
>> 
>>Thanks!
>>   - bob nixon, SM-HBA chair
>>    
>>
>
>
>*
>* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
>* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
>
>
>
>
>  
>
*
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org



More information about the T10 mailing list