T10 plenary: Request to review status of T11.5 SM-HBA

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Wed Apr 12 09:59:39 PDT 2006

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
Bob and Ralph,
I am glad that Ralph commented on this message as I must have accidentally
deleted it (or my filters 'helped' me out).
Anyway, I think Ralph is right about CAP being the correct forum for a 15
minute presentation on SM-HBA. We should also have a short mention of this
topic at SAS Protocol WG and the T10 Plenary meeting. I think this topic can
be included under the T11 Liaison Report at T10. I'll add agenda items to
both CAP and SAS Protocol WG.
John
At 4/11/2006 08:56 PM, Ralph Weber wrote:
>* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
>*
>Bob,
>
>Might I suggest that the attendees at the SAS Protocol or
>CAP working group would be better suited to giving attentive
>consideration to Mr. Krithivas' presentation?
>
>Please do not take this the wrong way. I am not casting aspersions
>on the T10 membership.
>
>However, I suspect that the connector manufacturers who attend
>T10 will see little benefit in (and grow restless during) a
>presentation that contains anything more than the most cursory
>facts (e.g., there is a standard called SM-HBA that concerns
>itself with SAS HBAs).
>
>All the best,
>
>.Ralph
>

>Bob.Nixon at emulex.com wrote:
>
>>I would like to request 15 minutes of time at the May 2006 T10 plenary
meeting for R. Krithivas of Intel, the editor of the T11.5 SM-HBA draft
standard, to summarize SM-HBA for T10 membership.  While apologizing for a
request that extends the T10 plenary meeting beyond its necessary
administrative functions, one of those functions is liaison. T11.5 has neared
completion of draft standard SM-HBA, and believes it is an interesting
subject for liaison.  The grounds of common interest is the major feature of
SM-HBA, which is extending the HBA API defined for Fibre Channel/FCP to
include consistent management of SAS HBAs as well.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Logic Corp. 	       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org