Command Tag

Ralph Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Tue Apr 11 18:37:30 PDT 2006

* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
*
I doubt many objections would be raised if I were to claim
that OSD stretches the SCSI envelop to (maybe even past)
the breaking point.
If PERFORM TASK MANAGEMENT FUNCTION / ABORT TASK were the
only instance of such challenges wrought by OSD, this might
be an interesting discussion.
Suffice it to say that the observation is correct. OSD needs
an especially intimate interface between Application Client
and Service Delivery Subsystem in order to make effective use
of a few 'unique' commands.
All the best,
.Ralph

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org