Command Tag

David Butterfield David.Butterfield at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 11 14:19:40 PDT 2006

* David Butterfield <David.Butterfield at Sun.COM>
*
Ralph Weber wrote:
> I am aware of HBAs that allocate the Tasks Tags themselves, which
> removes the duty from the province of any device driver.
Though it seems like the target driver needs to be able to at
least have *visibility* into the Task Tag; otherwise how would
the OSD "PERFORM TASK MANAGEMENT FUNCTION / ABORT TASK" command
be constructed without the transport layer (HBA or HBA driver)
getting into the business of understanding the T10 OSD command
set?
Dave
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org