Transport layer retries for targets

Sluiter, David dsluiter at exabyte.com
Wed Sep 14 13:25:35 PDT 2005

* "Sluiter, David" <dsluiter at exabyte.com>
*
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to be clear, in my second question I meant that the target had
received 3 ACKS for frames A, B & D (ACK for frame C was lost) which
the target sees as ACKs for frames A, B & C (ACKs a, b & c), so the
balance point for the target is frame D, which is the one it should
resend with correct DATAOFFSET and CHANGING DATA POINTER set.

So anyways, what you're saying is that it doesn't matter to the
initiator that the ACKs are out of sync. The initiator relies on
the DATAOFFSET value and CHANGING DATA POINTER bit to straighten
out its buffer, which is cool.

Thanks,
Dave Sluiter
Exabyte