SAS, 04-374r3

Wayne Yen wayney at promise.com
Wed Sep 7 03:27:11 PDT 2005

* "Wayne Yen" <wayney at promise.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B396.B5223974

Hi:

The figure shown in the document 04-374r3, that describes how Page 01h
is constructed for the external 4X connector, seemed to be =
contradicting
to the definition of an element; the figure depicts a connector with 4
links declared as an connector with 4 elements of "connector" type.=20

=20

>From the figure, it seemed to indicate that page 02h should show
"connector physical link" as "index number within the connector, start
|from 0", however, I can't tell if the text description at the end of
this document (and SES rev 12) declares the "connector physical link" =
be an "index number within the connector, start from 1" or is it =
"number
of PHYs connected to the connector".

If I assume the CONNECTOR PHYSICAL LINK is the index number, and if we
declare 4 elements for this connector, CONNECTOR PHYSICAL LINK would be
would all be 01h for all element? =20

if we assume CONNECTOR PHYSICAL LINK is the "number of PHYs to
connector", and if we declare 4 elements for this connector, should =
this
field be 4 or 1?

=20

Based on the same figure, would it make more sense if we do the
following? or is it legal?

1.	In page 01h, declare one connector type, 5 elements.
2.	In page 02h one element, CN1, connector type =3D 01h( external
receptacle), connector physical link =3D FFh, four element,
CN2,CN3,CN4,CN5, connector type =3D 20h (back plane receptacle), =
connector
physical link =3D FFh.
3.	In page 0Ah, declare expander PHY 0, 1, 2, 3 is associated with
CN-1, PHY 4,5,6,7 is associated with CN5,CN4,CN3, CN2

=20

Best Regards,

Wayne Yen

=20

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in or attached to =
this
email message is either proprietary and/or confidential information, or
information intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately
notify us by email and delete the original message from your
computer/server with confirmation to us that you have done so. =20

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B396.B5223974

 1 Hi: The figure shown in the document 04-374r3, that = describes how Page 01h is constructed for the external 4X connector, seemed to be = contradicting to the definition of an element; the = figure depicts a connector with 4 links declared as an connector with 4 elements of = ;connector; type.   From the figure, it seemed to indicate that page 02h = should show ;connector physical = link; as ;index number within the connector, start from 0;, = however, I can;t tell if the text description at the end of this document (and SES rev = 12) declares the ;connector physical = link; to be an ;index number within the connector, start from 1; = or is it ;number of PHYs connected to the = connector;. If I assume the CONNECTOR PHYSICAL LINK is the index = number, and if we declare 4 elements for this connector, CONNECTOR PHYSICAL = LINK would be would all be 01h for all element?   if we assume CONNECTOR PHYSICAL LINK is the = ;number of PHYs to connector;, and if we declare 4 elements for this = connector, should this field be 4 or 1?   Based on the same figure, would it make more sense = if we do the following? or is it legal? In page 01h, declare one connector type, 5 = elements. In page 02h one element, CN1, connector type = =3D 01h( external receptacle), connector physical link =3D FFh, four = element, CN2,CN3,CN4,CN5, connector type =3D 20h (back plane receptacle), connector physical = link =3D FFh. In page 0Ah, declare expander PHY 0, 1, 2, 3 is associated with CN-1, PHY 4,5,6,7 is associated with CN5,CN4,CN3, = CN2   Best Regards, Wayne Yen   CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The = informatn = contained in or attached to this email message is either proprietary and/or = confidential information, or = informatn, or = Serif";color:green;font-weight:bold'>ion = intended solely for the use of the individual or = entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended = recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended = recipient, you are hereby notified that any = disseminatn, = distributn or = copying of this communication is = strictly prohibited.  If you have received this = communicatn is = Serif";color:green;font-weight:bold'>ion in = error, please immediately notify us by email = and delete the original message from your = computer/server with confirmation to = us that you have done so.  n to = Roman">

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B396.B5223974--