SAS compact connector sideband usage

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) elliott at hp.com
Thu Mar 3 17:09:55 PST 2005

* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C52056.E0DCD25A

Expanding on a topic discussed briefly a few SAS phy meetings ago, I've
posted 05-100r0 to  <http://www.t10.org/new.htm>
http://www.t10.org/new.htm discussing using sideband signals on the
proposed compact connector to indicate some basic information (e.g.
short/low-loss vs. long/high-loss cable) so the controller and =
backplane
can (if they want) adjust their SAS transceivers to adapt to the
environment in which they are being used.
=20
--=20
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com=20
Hewlett-Packard Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology=20
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott
<https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott> =20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C52056.E0DCD25A

 Expanding on a topic discussed briefly a few = SAS phy=20 meetings ago, I've posted 05-100r0 to http://www.t10.org/new.htm discussing using = sideband=20 signals on the proposed compact connector to indicate some basic = information=20 (e.g. short/low-loss vs. long/high-loss cable) so the controller and = backplane=20 can (if they want) adjust their SAS transceivers to adapt to the = environment in=20 which they are being used.

Rob=20 Elliott, elliott at hp.com
Hewlett-Packard Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced=20 Technology