FCP-3 & Process Associators

Bob.Nixon at emulex.com Bob.Nixon at emulex.com
Thu Mar 3 14:23:09 PST 2005

* Bob.Nixon at Emulex.Com
*
Hi, Ralph,

I don't think FCP-3 can "obsolete" the PRLI fields related to Process_Associators... They are owned by FC-LS and are not obsolete there.

6.3.2 could be shortened to just the first half of its second sentence: "Process_Associators are not used in the Fibre Channel protocol". (The second paragraph of 6.3.2 appears to have lost its parent context looong ago, and never found its way home. It won't be missed.)

FCP-3 already specifies in the text that the ORIGINATOR PROCESS_ASSOCIATOR VALID and RESPONDER PROCESS_ASSOCIATOR VALID bits in PRLI shall be zero. Maybe this should be added within table 9 as well (like it is for READ FCP_XFER_RDY DISABLED). Perhaps also the ORIGINATOR PROCESS_ASSOCIATOR field and RESPONDER PROCESS_ASSOCIATOR field should be qualified as "Ignored".

Best regards,
   - bob