FCP-3 & Process Associators

Ralph O. Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Thu Mar 3 13:03:40 PST 2005

* "Ralph O. Weber" <roweber at ieee.org>
*
Dave,

Since FCP-3 does not allow the Association header bit to be one
in DF_CTL, should the PRLI ORIGINATOR PROCESS_ASSOCIATOR VALID
and RESPONDER PROCESS_ASSOCIATOR VALID bits be allowed to be
one? Maybe they should be defined as Obsolete shall be zero.

If that is done, then the ORIGINATOR PROCESS_ASSOCIATOR field
and RESPONDER PROCESS_ASSOCIATOR field would need to be made
Obsolete too.

Finally, maybe subclause 6.3.2 (Process_Associator requirements)
should be removed too.

I am not wedded to a specific answer on this, but I would write
a Letter Ballot comment on it. It probably is better to deal
with the question now.

All the best,

.Ralph

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org