SAS-1.1 PHY - Comments on 05-059r0

Alvin.Cox at seagate.com Alvin.Cox at seagate.com
Tue Mar 1 07:47:34 PST 2005

* Alvin.Cox at seagate.com
--=_alternative 0056A29186256FB7_=

Within SAS the various applications use both plugs and receptacles for
fixed and free. The descriptions of SAS external cable plug and SAS
internal cable receptacle without adding free to the name are complete.
Table 22 does an excellent job of application description, so I find the
fixed and free terms of no value in this standard.

Alvin Cox
Seagate Technology, LLC
Tel 405-350-7424
Fax 405-324-3067
Cell 405-206-4809
E-Mail  alvin.cox at seagate.com

--=_alternative 0056A29186256FB7_=

use both plugs and receptacles for fixed and free. The descriptions of
SAS external cable plug and SAS internal cable receptacle without adding
free to the name are complete. Table 22 does an excellent job of application
description, so I find the fixed and free terms of no value in this standard.
Alvin Cox<br>
Seagate Technology, LLC<br>
Tel 405-350-7424<br>
Fax 405-324-3067<br>