QA Action Item: ASCQ

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Mon Jan 31 16:35:08 PST 2005

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*

Hi,

How are you confused? What information do you receive from the error code?
Let me know what is different between two errors for Write10 command.
5/21/00: LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE
5/21/03: INVALID RANGE FOR WRITE

Technically both have same description. So someone may be confused.

I think both show that the first address is correct (match with NWA). But
an address on the way is not correct. There may be two typical reasons. One
is NWA disappears at the End sector number of the recordable disc. Another
is NWA jumps to other layer due to layer jump. From Write start address, we
may see the root cause. It may be enough information for debug?

Best regards,

Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.

"Jason Ng" <Jason_Ng at sonic.com> on 2005/02/01 03:58:36

$B08 at h(J:  "David Burg" <dburg at nero.com>, <mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com>,
       <keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp>
cc:    <T10 at t10.org>
bcc:
$B7oL>(J:  RE: QA Action Item: ASCQ

Hi All,

I agree with David on this point.  It would also help during software
development to know the exact specific error being reported so we can
identify the problem easier and quicker.

Regards,
Jason Ng
Sonic Solutions