SSC-3: mixing 4-byte vs. 8-byte commands inherent DI issue

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) elliott at hp.com
Mon Feb 21 15:32:00 PST 2005

* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>
*
For block devices (SBC-2) the 4-byte LBA command is terminated in such a
situation. That might also be the right approach for tapes.

"4.4 Logical blocks
If a command is received that references or attempts to access a logical
block not within the capacity of the medium, the device server
terminates the command with CHECK CONDITION status with the sense key
set to ILLEGAL REQUEST and the additional sense code set to LOGICAL
BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE. The command may be terminated before
processing or after the device server has transferred some or all of the
data."
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott