SAS 1.1 Protocol-Specific Logical Unit mode page question

Paul Suhler Paul.Suhler at quantum.com
Thu Aug 4 08:30:37 PDT 2005

* "Paul Suhler" <Paul.Suhler at Quantum.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C59909.76B8764B

The The LTO and DDS side of Quantum would prefer that this field NOT be =
changeable -- we always want to use retries.

Other Quantum tape product developers may hold a different opinion.

:-)

Paul Suhler
Quantum QSD

<bill_martin at sierralogic.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 8:01 PM
> To:   Robert Elliot; t10 at t10.org
> Subject:      SAS 1.1 Protocol-Specific Logical Unit mode page question
>=20
>=20
> In Protocol-Specific Logical Unit mode page for SAS SSP, there is a =
field called "Transport Layer Retries".  There is no indication of a =
requirement for this field to be changeable.  While it is possible to =
determine if it is changeable in a particular implementation, If it is =
not changeable there is no mechanism documented to allow an initiator to =
stop the target from performing transport layer retries.

bill_martin at sierralogic.com
=A0
------_=_NextPart_001_01C59909.76B8764B--

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org