MMC: Call for TSR host opinion (and updated docs)

David Burg dburg at nero.com
Tue Apr 19 16:16:27 PDT 2005

* "David Burg" <dburg at nero.com>
*
Dear all,

I have updated the Timely Safe Recording (TSR) proposal with the latest
comments received by various companies in this month meetings (mostly device
companies). Also, the 'TSR speed.xls' sheet now demonstrates that even for a
HD-DVD-RE drive with firmware optimized to reduce the write-to-verify cost,
TSR would permit a time gain up to 17%. A non-optimized drive would gain
about 50% time.

John Lohmeyer kindly helped me to upload the following documents:

  http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.05/05-149r0.zip

The first file is a PDF version of the Word document found in the ZIP file,
the word document being the TSR proposal itself. The second is the TSR.ZIP
file distributed to Mt Fuji, containing additional power point presentation
an above mentioned excel file.

As the Mt Fuji TSR SWG could not meet today in Seattle, I would like to ask
the host engineers present on Mt Fuji to kindly send me their opinion per
e-mail before 27th of April (Wednesday next week), so we may continue with
discussion in Mt Fuji and finally have a vote. A very similar e-mail was
sent to Mt Fuji reflector.

Best regards,

David Burg

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD and Low Level Drivers Project Leader

Nero AG               phone: +49 (0)7248 928 327 (room line) Internal VoIP
-363
Im Stoeckmaedle 18    fax:   +49 (0)7248 928 299
76307 Karlsbad        email: dburg at nero.com
Germany               http://www.nero.com

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org