GET PERFORMANCE/READ CAPACITY in MMC 4r03b

Jan-Eric Duden jdu at ashampoo.com
Mon Sep 27 11:36:33 PDT 2004

* Jan-Eric Duden <jdu at ashampoo.com>
*
Hi!

I would like to add to the problem description:

In Section 6.8.3.5,  it is suggested :
"...The Initiator may determine a desired write speed descriptor from
the result of this command, then set the Write Speed accordingly
via the SET STREAMING command.  To apply this descriptor to the SET
STREAMING command,
the Start LBA field is set to 0, the Read Time field and the Write Time
filed are set to 1000 (1sec). ..."

If one follows the suggestion the End LBA parameter of SET STREAMING
command is set to the Last Recorded Address,
since the End LBA returned by GET PERFORMANCE is required to be equal to
the value that READ CAPACITY
returns, which in turn is defined to be the Last Recorded Address.

I am grateful for any help regarding this matter.

--
MfG / Regards
Jan-Eric Duden

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org