SP state machine changes

Fred Dutton fred.dutton at qlogic.com
Tue Sep 14 15:48:13 PDT 2004

* Fred Dutton <fred.dutton at qlogic.com>
*

Excerpt from SAS-1.1 Rev 5, 6.7.3.2.1:

"State machine variable MgmtReset shall be set to one if this state is entered
due to a Management Reset request or SMP Reset request. MgmtReset shall be set
to zero if this state is entered due to a power on, a hard reset, DWS Lost
timeout, or COMINIT received."

Could someone clarify what is meant by "DWS Lost timeout"?

I assume it refers to the "DWS Lost" message sent by the DWS state machine
to the SP state machine, but I've never seen it referred to as a "timeout".
There is a "DWS Reset Timeout" in the DWS state machine which generates a "DWS
Reset message to the SP hence my confusion.

Also, I noticed a couple of errors in the spec:

Page 138:
--------
"6.7.5.8.2 Transition SP22:SATA_PHY_Ready to SP1:OOB_COMINIT"

"SP1" above should be "SP0"

Page 140:
--------
"6.7.6.1 State description

Figure 71 shows the SP5:SATA_PortSelectionSignalPending state. This state
controls transmission of the SATA port selection signal when a specified phy
processes an SMP Phy Control (Transmit SATA Port Selection Signal) request."

"SP5" above should be "SP25"

Fred Dutton * QLogic * 949.389.6340

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org