place power on time in a standard log page?

Banther, Michael michael.banther at hp.com
Wed Sep 8 04:07:18 PDT 2004

* "Banther, Michael" <michael.banther at hp.com>
*
The Device Statistics log page (code 14h) already covers this ground,
albeit for ADC device servers only.  However I intend to propose
migrating these log parameters (plus possibly some others) into SSC-3
and eventually into SPC-x.  I don't know at present if 'migrate' means
adding the Device Statistics log page to other command standards or
moving the parameters from one log page to another.

Given Gary's statement of intent for the Stop-Start Cycle Counter log
page, it looks like convergence between it and the Device Statistics log
page is possible (i.e. merge the parameters of one into the other).  I
think that the ADI and CAP WG's would have to be pretty careful with the
timing of such a move.  I have the impression that it's too late for
both ADC and SPC-3 to absorbe a change of this magnitude.

Regards,
Michael Banther
Hewlett-Packard Company
Telephone +44 (117) 312 9503