sbc ballot - removable not detachable HDD obsolete

Pat LaVarre p.lavarre at IEEE.org
Fri Sep 3 12:43:42 PDT 2004

* Pat LaVarre <p.lavarre at ieee.org>
*
> Now available on http://www.t10.org/new.htm are:
>
> sbc2r15a.pdf - Latest working draft, incorporating all comment
> resolutions to date
> 04-274r0.pdf - List of comment resolutions, sorted by author
> 04-274r0.zip containing 04-274r0.fdf - Adobe Acrobat format comment
> resolutions to apply to sbc2r15.pdf (the original revision)
> Please review the resolutions to your and others' comments.
> The CAP WG needs to vote on these topics:
> * obsolete support for "volatile medium" such as RAM disks
> * obsolete support for removeable media

Unless corrected I will suppose, ...

By obsoleting removable media we mean, ...

Obsoleting the combination of op x12 "INQUIRY" data byte 0 mask x80 RMB =

with mask x1F PDT =3D x00 SBC, and we suggest this solely ...

In the context of the comment on Iomega's Abstain vote:

--- http://www.t10.org/new.htm
--- http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-274r0.pdf
--- page 120 of 185