Question on SJ frequency in SAS-1.1r6 Table 32

Bill Lye lye at pmc-sierra.com
Tue Oct 26 15:48:35 PDT 2004

* Bill Lye <lye at pmc-sierra.com>
*
Working from sas1r06.pdf, in table 32 (page 109) there are two notes,
(c) and (d) specifying sinusoidal jitter frequency.  One of my fellow
designers is reading these notes and is finding them ambiguous and would
like some clarification as to the intent.

Currently the notes read:

  (c) Sinusoidal swept frequency: 900 kHz to >5MHz
  (d) Sinusoidal swept frequency: 1800 kHz to >5MHz

Now, this can be read in one of two ways, one of which implies that the
sinusoidal swept frequency range can be terminated at 5MHz (or 5MHz plus
epsilon), while the other implies it could go all the way to infinity.
I believe the first interpretation is the correct one, however I was
not involved at the time these notes were created, so I would like
confirmation if at all possible.

Thanks in advance...

-Bill
--
Bill Lye                                         PMC-Sierra, Inc.
Technical Advisor, Mixed-Signal Development      8555 Baxter Place
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org