AC Coupling Caps

Sal Perez perez6991 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 06:42:52 PDT 2004

* Sal Perez <perez6991 at yahoo.com>
*
--0-274646554-1098279772=:20930

Hi All,
I design a SAS backplane that supports 4 hard drives.  The backplane is cabled to a SAS PCI-X add-in card and hard drives are plugged  into the backplane.  On the SAS backplane, do I need to have AC coupling caps on the TX and RX lines? Or are the AC coupling caps required on the SAS PCI-X add-in card?

Thank a lot,
Sal