SPC-1, SPC-2 and SPC-3 content question

Brian Auld bauld at lefthandnetworks.com
Tue Oct 12 08:40:52 PDT 2004

* Brian Auld <bauld at lefthandnetworks.com>
*
Is this an accurate depiction of inquiry page code support (serial
number vs. device identification), as well as reservation support
(regular vs. persistent) in SPC1, SPC2 and SPC3?  The
"mandatory/optional" designation indicates that I found it in the spec
with no indication of whether is was a mandatory or optional item.

Can I get some feedback as to whether this is more the less accurate,
and if some of these are, in fact, "optional" or "mandatory".

Inquiry page 80/83 support:

           |  Unit serial number (0x80)  |  Device descriptor (0x83)  |
 ----------+-----------------------------+----------------------------+
    SPC-1  |     mandatory/optional?     |    mandatory/optional?     |
 ----------+-----------------------------+----------------------------+
    SPC-2  |     optional                |    mandatory               |
 ----------+-----------------------------+----------------------------+
    SPC-3  |     optional                |    mandatory               |
 ----------+-----------------------------+----------------------------+

Reservation support:

           |      Reserve/Release        |  Persistent Reservations   |
    SPC-1  |     mandatory/optional?     |    mandatory/optional?     |
    SPC-2  |     mandatory/optional?     |    mandatory/optional?     |
    SPC-3  |     obsolete                |    mandatory/optional?     |

Thanks

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org