[T11.3] Re: FC-TAPE and/or FCP-3

Bob.Nixon at Emulex.Com Bob.Nixon at Emulex.Com
Tue Oct 5 16:14:20 PDT 2004

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4AB31.0B2647F3

Hi, Larry,
=20
The discrepancy in the ESB happened at the same time as the one in the
SSB (mid-1999), and for the same reason: Before that time, the priority
field of the frame header if present replaced the high order byte of =
the
Originator Exchange ID (OX_ID) field. After that, it was pulled out of
the OX_ID and overlaid a different byte (CS_CTL) in the frame header.
The same was done to the ESB and SSB, but in the ESB and SSB, the =
CS_CTL
byte was not already there, so an extra byte was added adjacent to the
OX_ID for Priority/CS_CTL.
=20
   - Bob
=20