Connection Scheme in Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)

Sal Perez perez6991 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 10:56:47 PDT 2004

* Sal Perez <perez6991 at yahoo.com>
*
--0-878486952-1096999007=:89287

Hi all,
I design a SAS board that supports 4 hard drives.  This board is cabled to a 4-port SAS controller.  My question is:
Does port 0 on the controller have to be connected to hard drive 0 on my board, port 1 to hard drive 1,  port 2 to hard drive 2, and so on?
or can I just connect port 0 to any hard drive to optimize routing on my board?  I read the SAS standard spec, but it doesn't mention any specific connection scheme.

Thanks,
Sal

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org