SAS Hot-plug Technology

Kevin Khuu kevin98146 at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 06:39:56 PDT 2004

* "Kevin Khuu" <kevin98146 at hotmail.com>
*
For SATA, the staggered contacts in the HDD SATA connector and =
additional=20
circuitry in the HDD itself enable SATA hot-plug.  Since the SAS =
connector=20
is a universal interconnection that is form-factor compatible with =
SATA,=20
does SAS use the same SATA hot-plug technology?  I would appreciate if=20
someone could point me to sources on the internet where I can get=20
information on SAS hot-plug technology.   I'm on working on a SAS =
backplane=20
and want to know if I would need to have a hot-plug circuitry (hotplug=20
cotroller to connect/disconnect power to the HDD SAS connector) on the=20
backplane.

Thanks,
Kevin

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page =96 =
FREE=20

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org