BMQ and ATAPI bridging

Rod Wideman rod.wideman at adic.com
Mon Mar 22 08:50:51 PST 2004

* "Rod Wideman" <rod.wideman at adic.com>
*
David,

I'll take a shot at your questions.

1.  Your device should have the option of returning a check condition
for invalid combinations of BUS MODE and BMQ (e.g., a bus mode of HVD
and BMQ of 11b).  If your device does not support bus termination, it
could reject a request to drive DIFFSENS in LVD mode as well.  I see
that the ADC standard does not currently describe this, so a proposal is
welcome (from anyone).

2.  The ADC standard currently only provides port descriptors for FC and
parallel SCSI port types in this mode page.  A bridged device having a
different native interface would not provide these descriptors (unless
it was able to represent them as its own perhaps).  So, ADC currently
only addresses FC and SPI devices (not ATAPI, not SAS, etc).

Rod Wideman