sas1r03 Annex H.16 Errors & Clarifications (re-post)
gil.romo at qlogic.com
Wed Mar 10 13:44:32 PST 2004
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Gil Romo <gil.romo at qlogic.com>
1) It looks like Figure H.16 was copied and pasted from another figure but does
not portray an accurate example for this situation. Specifically, an STP Target
port (phy W) would not forward an OPEN address frame to an STP Host Port (phy
Z). References to STP/SATA bridge should be removed.
2) Given phys W and Z are external expander phys, an OPEN address frame received
message will be passed along with the transitions XL1 to XL5 and XL5 to XL6.
Thus the incoming and outgoing OPEN address frames will be compared. As is
evident in the absence of a backoff retry or backoff reverse response in the
figure, the OPEN address frame received by phy Z has a lower arbitration
priority. Therefore, I propose an alternate description of this figure, as
"In Figure H.16, phy Z has received an OPEN address frame just before receiving
a Transmit Open indication. In this scenario, the OPEN address frame received
by phy Z has lower arbitration priority."
3) Wouldn't this clause be better placed following H.7?
Circuits & Integration
QLogic Corporation, Aliso Viejo, California
E-mail: gil.romo at qlogic.com
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10