Questions on relative target ports

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) elliott at hp.com
Wed Mar 3 08:21:49 PST 2004

* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>
*

I'm not sure what you mean by "data set of disks."  SCSI defines
logical units, target ports, and target devices.

If there are 4 target ports providing access to the logical unit
(they're all in the same target device), they could be numbered:
controller 0 port 0: relative port identifier 1
controller 0 port 1: relative port identifier 2
controller 1 port 0: relative port identifier 3
controller 1 port 1: relative port identifier 4

If some logical units are only accessible through some target
ports due to configuration (e.g. the Access Controls commands),
the relative port identifiers should still be consistent.
Relative port 1 should refer to the same target port, regardless
of which logical unit is being accessed.

If certain logical units are only accessible through certain
target ports forever, then they might need to be considered
as being in two separate SCSI target devices.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org