[t13] SCSI / ATA Translation - SAT-r00 (04-196r0) Posted to the T10 web site.

Sheffield, Robert L robert.l.sheffield at intel.com
Sun Jun 27 17:14:07 PDT 2004

This message is from the T13 list server.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C45CA4.D43E2778

All,=20

I have posted the initial draft of SCSI / ATA Translation to the T10 =
web
site for discussion at the July SAT WG meeting in Colorado Springs.

The document is available at
<http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-196r0.pdf>
http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-196r0.pdf.=20
As the SAT project proposal (
<http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-174r0.pdf>
http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-174r0.pdf) has not yet been
formally accepted by the T10 plenary and INCITS (expect a plenary vote
in July), I posted the document as a working proposal rather than a
formal draft standard. Once the project is formally approved, =
subsequent
revisions will be posted as updates to the draft SAT standard.

I have reformatted the document to meet ANSI/INCITS documentation
guidelines for draft ANSI standards. I acknowledge there is still work
to do in this regard (appropriate character fonts, appropriate wording,
etc) that I will fix as I continue editing further revisions of the
document. The content is substantially the same as the first version
posted by Steve Johnson (LSI) (
<http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-136r0.pdf>
http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-136r0.pdf), but I have added
editor's notes to highlight sections that need to be discussed based on
discussions in the SAT WG teleconferences and discussion posted to the
T10 and T13 reflectors.

Regards,=20
Bob Sheffield=20
Senior Staff Architect=20
Intel Corporation=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C45CA4.D43E2778

 SCSI / ATA Translation - SAT-r00 (04-196r0) Posted to the T10 = web site. All, I have posted the initial draft of = SCSI / ATA Translation to the T10 web site for discussion at the July = SAT WG meeting in Colorado Springs. The document is available at http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-196r0.pdf.
As the SAT project proposal = (http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-174r0.pdf) has not yet been formally = accepted by the T10 plenary and INCITS (expect a plenary vote in July), = I posted the document as a working proposal rather than a formal draft = standard. Once the project is formally approved, subsequent revisions = will be posted as updates to the draft SAT standard. I have reformatted the document to = meet ANSI/INCITS documentation guidelines for draft ANSI standards. I = acknowledge there is still work to do in this regard (appropriate = character fonts, appropriate wording, etc) that I will fix as I = continue editing further revisions of the document. The content is = substantially the same as the first version posted by Steve Johnson = (LSI) (http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.04/04-136r0.pdf), but I have added editor's = notes to highlight sections that need to be discussed based on = discussions in the SAT WG teleconferences and discussion posted to the = T10 and T13 reflectors. Regards,
Bob Sheffield
Senior Staff Architect
Intel Corporation
------_=_NextPart_001_01C45CA4.D43E2778--