Deadlock Scenario (?)

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) elliott at hp.com
Thu Jun 24 07:18:45 PDT 2004

* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>
*
I think we should change the message used when "there are insufficient
routing resources" from Arbitrating (Waiting on Connection) to
Arbitrating (Waiting on Partial).

In your example, the requests are not really waiting on a connection,
they are waiting on partial connections.  On the left, phys W and X are
returning Phy Status (Partial Pathway), not Phy Status (Connection), at
this time.  If there really were a narrow port on which the Phy Y
request was waiting, that would cause Arbitrating (Waiting on Partial).

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org